Jeffrey P. Hubbard
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Acquisitions and Sales
- Real Estate Lending
- Entity Formations
- Joint Venture Transactions
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Arizona State University, B.S., 1987
Bar Admissions and Professional Affiliations:
- State Bar of Arizona (Member, Sections on Real Property and Business Law)
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Colorado
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Home Builders Association of Central Arizona
Mr. Hubbard practices in the area of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, infrastructure financing, entitlements, development and sale, in Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. He represents a number of leading national and local home builders and planned community and commercial developers. He has significant in-depth experience in public-private transactions and development and other land use agreements, including utility agreements, payback, reimbursement and impact fee credit agreements, school agreements, public development agreements, land bank transactions, private infrastructure development agreements and the preparation of covenants, conditions and restrictions for residential and commercial developments. His representation includes all aspects of the development of unimproved land into planned residential communities and commercial projects. He also represents clients in the formation of limited liability companies and joint venture transactions.
- Represented a developer in connection with the development of a 160-acre parcel located at a freeway interchange in Marana, Arizona. Representation included preparing the purchase agreements to acquire the land, infrastructure development agreement with Simon Property Group to construct the infrastructure improvements for the project (including a new 400,000 square foot factory outlet mall), the covenants, conditions and restrictions governing the operation, maintenance and use of the project, and a development agreement with the Town of Marana, which will allow the developer to recoup the infrastructure improvement costs from the sales tax generated from the project. Representation also included formation of the limited liability companies and preparation of the operating agreements for the developer and its investors.
- Represented the master developer in connection with the redevelopment of the Mountain Shadows Resort. Representation included preparing the purchase and sale agreement and the various project documents governing the development, operation and maintenance of this mixed-use project, which includes luxury single family homes, condominiums, a four-star hotel, retail uses, and an 18-hole golf course.
- Represents a developer in connection with the first public-private project (i.e., P3 Project) in the State of Arizona with the City of Flagstaff and the Arizona Department of Transportation (“ADOT”). The project involves the following stepped transaction: (i) the developer will acquire an existing movie theater site, subject to the developer relocating the operator of the movie theater onto a parcel of land ground leased from the Arizona State Land Department; (ii) following the acquisition of the theater site, the developer, in collaboration with ADOT, will design and construct new operational facilities on the theater site for use by ADOT; (iii) the developer will then convey the new operational facilities to ADOT in exchange for a parcel of land owned by ADOT and the City of Flagstaff, which is located at the entrance of the Northern Arizona University campus; and (iv) the developer, together with a leading student housing developer, will construct on the exchange parcel a high-rise student campus housing facility and a retail shopping center. Representation includes preparation of a number of complex purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, implementation agreements and public-private agreements with the City of Flagstaff and ADOT, as well as operating agreements governing the operation of the new joint venture partnership between the developer and the student housing developer.